Members of the Uganda Manufacturers Association have re-elected the UMA Board Chairman, Mr. Deo Kayemba and Board members for a second term in recognition of their contributions to the association’s growth. This decision was made during the members’ Annual General Meeting held today at the UMA Multipurpose Hall in Lugogo.
During his speech, Chairman Deo Kayemba thanked the dedicated Board members whose hard work secured them an additional term. He assured the UMA membership of his ongoing commitment to serve and enhance the association’s relevance and financial performance. Mr. Kayemba also pledged to prioritize the growth and development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) by reinforcing partnerships with pertinent Government ministries, agencies, and departments.
The UMA Board has since 2021, proactively engaged the Government on key bottlenecks the impede competitiveness of industrialists in Uganda. The Milestones in the Annual Report 2023 are anchored on the five thematic areas of the strategic plan that guides operations of the Board and the Secretariat; 1) Enhance UMA’s Relevance to Members and other Stakeholders, 2) Influence Policy and Manufacturing related Advocacy, 3) Creation and maintenance of strategic partnerships, 4) Operational Excellence and 5) Financial Sustainability.
The meeting also appointed KMPG as the auditors of the Association for the next two years.
Appointed Board Members
- Mr. Deo J.B Kayemba – East Africa Roofing Systems
- Mr. Aga Sekalala Jr. – Ugachick Poultry Breeders
- Mr. Ramesh Babu – Kiboko Enterprises Ltd
- Dr. Sikander Lalani – Roofings Group
- Mr. Mwine Jim Kabeho – Madhavani Group
- Mr. Richard Mubiru Nytil Picfare Group
- Mr. Alam Ali – Alam Group of Companies
- Mr. Eddie Senkumba – Nice House of Plastics
- Mr. Leo Kirunda Magoola – Coca-Cola Beverages Uganda
- Ms. Joseline Kateeba – Crest Foam Limited
- Mr. Senyondo Mansuli – Mayondo Engineering Solutions Ltd
- Mr. Joseph Stefan Mpagi Kalibbala – Electrical Controls and Switchgear Ltd
- Mr. Hemnabh Khatau – Sugar Corporation of Uganda Limited
- Mr. Adinarayana Balcha – General Mouldings (U) Ltd
- Ms. Sifa Kaddu – Peacock Paints
- Hajji Ibrahim Lule – Lulex Enterprises
- Mr.; Ms. Lydia Mwesigwa Mesha Steel Ltd
- Mr. Zhang Hao – Zhang Group of Companies
- Dr. Theodora Twongyirwe Mondo – BM Investments
- Mr. Bjoy Varghese – Pearl Dairy Farms
- Mr. Jamiel Kassujja Muwanga BMK Group of Companies
- Mr. Brian Emuron, the Board Secretary.