Uganda Manufacturers Association (UMA) is organizing countrywide Duty Remission sensitisation workshops for its members from the 21 to 28th of March 2023.
Duty remission is a reduction on import duty on goods imported for the manufacture of goods in a partner state, in the case of Uganda the East Africa Community (EAC) partner states. It allows for the manufacturer to import raw materials at a reduced rate than the one stated in the EAC CET. This scheme allows for the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development to grant the waiver to anyone who applies as long as they are a manufacturer within that partner state.
The purpose of this communication therefore is to request you to nominate your technical staff to attend the scheduled workshops.
Below are the dates for the workshops per region;
- Eastern Uganda (Jinja)-9am-1pm on Tuesday, 21st March, 2023. (Venue to be communicated)
- Western Uganda (Mbarara)- 9am-1pm on Wednesday, 22nd March, 2023. (Venue to be communicated)
- Northern Uganda (Lira)- 9am- 1pm on Thursday, 23rd March, 2023. (Venue to be communicated)
- Central Uganda (Kampala)- 9am-1pm on Tuesday, 28th March, 2023. (Venue to be communicated)
- Confirm your participation through the link; https://forms.gle/6PTukzFhZqGTPPwW7
- For more details, contact the Policy and Advocacy department on email@example.com