UMA is hosting a one-day dialogue aimed at addressing among others, the following salient issues:
- Sensitization of UMA Members on how the Members can leverage the current electricity regulatory environment to tap into a reduction of power cost to US Cents 5/KWH
- Sensitization of UMA Members on how manufacturers can purchase power directly from the generators/transmitters;
- Sharing an update on the development of the Regulation (s) on the direct purchase of power for manufacturers;
- Sharing of the progress made by the ESI to promote power reliability emanating from the increased outages and vandalization of electricity infrastructure across the country;
- Sharing of possible PPP Projects in the ESI to explore the possibility of attracting the participation of UMA members;
- Sharing of UMA Tax Proposals to the Government of Uganda that can reduce revenue requirements for the ESI which is key for electricity tariff reduction.
- Sharing on current constraints to Local Content Mainstreaming in the ESI that is impeding optimal post-COVID-19 recovery and Sharing of a comprehensive compendium of goods and services that the ESI can source locally.
The dialogue will be held on 15th February 2023, starting at 11:00 AM at UMA SHOW GROUNDS LUGOGO (Head Office) and will be chaired by Hon. Dr Ruth Nankabirwa; Minister of Energy and Mineral Development.
Kindly confirm your participation on https://forms.gle/oLPkT2sm8MEutgmm6